General Information  •  How Can I Pay Less for Car Insurance?  •  Find an Agent/Broker  •  Payment Options  •  Consumer Assistance  •  Brochure: Eng | Fr

Your insurance policy may be purchased through several
different outlets, including independent brokers, agents, or
directly from the insurance company itself.  Depending upon
the jurisdiction, agents and brokers are licensed by the
provincial government or various broker associations. 

Agents sell the products of one insurance company and are employed by that company.

Direct Writers are insurance companies dealing directly with the public.  The person who sells you the policy is an employee of that company.

Independent Brokers sell the products of multiple insurance companies. 

Telephone listings and addresses for Direct Writers and Agencies can be found through Canada 411.

Telephone and address listings for independent brokers in your area can be found by clicking on the provincial Broker Association links below:

How is your Agent/Broker Paid?

You do not pay for the services of an agent or broker.  Facility Association pays the Agent or Broker a standard service fee/commission for your policy.    The amount of the commission or service fee varies by the type of business as shown in the tables below. Please click on the link to access:

© 2019 Facility Association. All rights reserved.   |   This website requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Home: FA Home: FA Home: Consumers Home: Consumers